Independent review of Sonaisali Island ResortNadi Rural, Viti Levu, Fiji Islands
Sonaisali Island Resort Fiji is situated on a small 105-acre private island just 2-minutes by boat from the mainland and 30-minutes south of Nadi International Airport, with hotel rooms and duplex bungalows. Sonaisali offers easy access to explore both the Nadi Area as well as the pristine reefs and beaches of the offshore Mamanuca Islands for sightseeing, game fishing and scuba diving.
Sonaisali Island Resort Room Details & Rates
(click for details & pix)
(c = child)
|Hotel Public Rate
(for 2 inc. breakfast)
|Beach Front Hotel Room||2a+2c or 3a||F$ 655|
|Ocean View Bure||2a+2c or 3a||F$ 785|
|Beach Front Spa Bure||2a+2c or 3a||F$ 960|
|2-Bedroom Family Bure||3a+3c or 4a||F$ 1,165|
Sonaisali Island Resort Information & Facts
- Hotel Location: Beach Front on causeway island, 10 mins south of Nadi Town
- Getting There: 25 mins by road / boat from Nadi Airport
- Unique Qualities: Easy access resort for water activities & exploring yet island style atmosphere
- Ideal for: Couples, Families
- Hotel Features: 123 rooms and bures, Swimming Pool, Quad Bikes
- Dining: Restaurant & Bar at the hotel - restaurants in Nadi 10 mins by road
- Children Policy: All ages welcome; under19yrs share rooms for free
- Local Attractions / Tours: Nadi Town, Inland Tours, Island Cruise
- The Beach: Average - greyish sand at point, imported white sand behind seawall
- The Ocean: Poor for swimming - brackish water
- Snorkelling: Poor - too murky - daily boat trips to fabulous Malolo Barrier Reef
- Other Activities: Jet Skis, Waterskiing, Catamarans, Kayaks, Scuba Diving
The 32 Hotel Rooms are located in two blocks either side of the main resort area, each with 2 floors. Rooms have a private balcony overlooking the ocean. All rooms offer air-conditioning and ceiling fans, hair-dryers, choice of King or twin queen beds, mini-bar, tea and coffee making facilities and ironing board.
The 89 Ocean View and Beach Front Bures are identical in interior except Beach Bures have a private spa on the veranda and have unobscured views of the ocean. All bures are duplex (two separate guest rooms per bungalow). The Ocean View Bures are set behind the Beach front Bures in a staggered formation with partial ocean views. All bures offer air-conditioning and ceiling fans, hair-dryers, choice of King or twin queen beds, mini-bar, tea and coffee making facilities and ironing board.
The 89 Ocean View and Beach Front Bures are identical in interior layout: Beach Front bures have absolute ocean views and and an additional feature of a private spa on the veranda. All bures offer air-conditioning and ceiling fans, hair-dryers, choice of King or twin queen beds, mini-bar, tea and coffee making facilities and ironing board.
Sonaisali has two individual family bures with 2 bedrooms and large separate lounge area. They have similar interior designs and furnishings as the beach bures
Sonaisali Resort offers its own scuba diving PADI instructor and daily snorkelling trips as well as game fishing with 20-minute access to the renowned Malolo Barrier Reef. Other activities include kayaks, catamarans, jet ski adventures, water skiing, horseback riding, paintball, quad bikes, beauty salon and a selection of island hopping sightseeing and mountain, village and town visits.
see our other Fiji Islands Pictures