Independent review of Safe Landing Resort in the Yasawa Islands of Fiji
Safe Landing Resort Fiji is a small budget resort aimed at backpackers and couples on a budget looking for a secluded beach atmosphere. The emphasis here is on the lovely white sandy beach, snorkelling and swimming in the lagoon. A few organised activities and entertainment exist but this is really a place to wind down and soak up the sun.
Yasawa Tavel Pass Room Details & Rates
(click for details & pix)
(c = child)
|Hotel Public Rate
(for 2 people)
|Dorm Room||4 - 18||F$|
Safe Landing Resort Information & Facts
- Hotel Location: Beach Front on Nacula Island in northern Yasawas
- Getting There: 4 hrs by fast catamaran from Denarau Marina, Nadi
- Unique Qualities: Secluded beach setting facing pristine turquoise lagoon
- Ideal for: Couples, Singles & Backpackers
- Hotel Features: 8 open plan duplex style bungalows
- Dining: Compulsory Meal Plan - set menu
- Children Policy: All ages welcome
- Local Attractions / Tours: Village Visits, Hiking, Sawa i Lau Cave
- The Beach: Good - fine sand, great scope for beach walking along coast
- The Ocean: Excellent for swimming - sandy bottom, deep protected lagoon
- Snorkelling: Good - direct from beach but excellent on snorkelling trip to reef
- Other Activities: Kayaks, hand line fishing
Dorm beds are in traditional fijian bures with thatch roofs and all share a communal bathroom.
The double rooms are in a modern wooden bungalow with tiled floors, ceiling fans and hot and cold water bathrooms (shower only). There are two rooms per bungalow with a shared bathroom in the middl.
The deluxe bures are traditionally styled bures with cement walls with open plan living area and an en-suite bathroom.
Meals are served at set times in a communal style dining restaurant overlooking the beach. Activities include kayaks (good for nearby lagoon only), snorkelling and cave and fishing outings although these are offered on a casual basis with minimum group participation. There are some lovely coastal walks around the island and the nearby scuba diving company offers pick-ups for dive trips and courses..
see our other Fiji Islands Pictures