Independent review of Otto & Fanny's Place in the Yasawa Islands of Fiji
Otto & Fannys is a long established family run budget accommodation set on a mature coconut plantation. With just four cottages and serving hearty home-cooked meals, this is a good choice for intimate couples looking to escape the crowds and unwind in a peaceful environment. There's a picturesque outlook, great swimming lagoon and decent snorkelling offshore and along the point a short walk along the beach.
Otto & Fanny's Place Room Details & Rates
(click for details & pix)
(c = child)
|Hotel Public Rate
(for 2 people)
|Garden Bure||4||F$ 115|
|Deluxe Bure||4||F$ 140|
Otto & Fanny's Place Information & Facts
- Hotel Location: Beach Front on Tavewa Island in northern Yasawas
- Getting There: 4 hrs by fast catamaran from Denarau Marina, Nadi
- Unique Qualities: Secluded beach setting facing pristine turquoise lagoon
- Ideal for: Couples, Singles & Backpackers
- Hotel Features: 4 bungalows
- Dining: Set meals served in restaurant
- Children Policy: All ages welcome
- Local Attractions / Tours: Village Visits, Hiking, Sawa i Lau Caves
- The Beach: Good - narrow beach, semi coarse sand, extends along coast
- The Ocean: Good for swimming - sandy bottom protected lagoon at point
- Snorkelling: Good - offshore from point
- Other Activities: Coconut Bowls
lantation style cottages with simple furnishings and small en-suite bathrooms.
The larger deluxe bure set in the plantation gardens and can sleep four people.
Guests can arrange private island tours to visit a local village or to swim in the Sawa-i-Lau limestone vaves. Nearby Westside Watersports provide full PADI certified courses and diving excursions.
see our other Fiji Islands Pictures