Independent review of Beachcomber Island Resort in the Mamanuca Islands of Fiji
Beachcomber Island Resort Fiji is party style island aimed at backpackers and the young at heart. A full programme of activities includes banana boat rides, para-sailing, scuba diving and snorkelling all costing extra and the themed nightly entertainment gets everyone together for a party style atmosphere. The island is tiny, taking just 5 minutes to walk around with plenty of water sports, beach activities and sunbathing.
Beachcomber Island Resort Room Details & Rates
(click for details & pix)
(c = child)
|Hotel Public Rate
(for 2 people)
|Dorm Bed||114a||F$ 140 pp|
|Lodge Room - Single person||1||F$ 325|
|Lodge Room - Double||2||F$ 430|
|Ocean View Bure - single person||1||F$ 470 pp|
|Ocean View Bure||4||F$ 565|
|Beach Front Bure - single person||1||F$ 530 pp|
|Beach Front Bure||4||F$ 620|
Beachcomber Island Resort Information & Facts
- Hotel Location: Beach Front on a small island in the inner Mamanuca Islands
- Getting There: 40 mins by road / boat from Nadi Airport
- Unique Qualities: Lively atmosphere, good party stay nightlife
- Ideal for: Singles and Young at Heart
- Hotel Features: 38 Rooms, Huge Dorm, Swimming Pool
- Dining: Buffet Style Restaurant & All Night Bar
- Children Policy: All ages welcome
- Local Attractions / Tours: Sand Island
- The Beach: Quite limited with coral sand around island
- The Ocean: Good for swimming, sand and coral bottom
- Snorkelling: Good, offshore from beach
- Other Activities: Parasailing, Catamarans, Tube Rides, Scuba Diving, Game Fishing, Kayaks
There are three Dorm Rooms at Beachcomber Island located behind the central entertainment bure. The Grand Bure has 48 bunk beds (84 beds total), and two smaller dormitories making a total of 114 beds which are unisex. There are his and hers shared facilities with hot showers, ceiling fans and private keyed lockers
16 Lodge Rooms are located in the heart of the island behind the large dorm room in a double storey wooden building surrounded by trees. Each lodge room has a veranda, open plan room with twin beds, en-suite bathroom and ceiling fans.
Of the 16 Ocean View Bures, 10 are in duplex style bures (2 rooms per bure) with slightly larger interior space and more privacy, whilst 6 are in lodge rooms facing the beach. All have en-suite bathrooms, ceiling fans and refrigerator.
6 Beach Front Bures are scattered around the island and offer traditional style thatch buildings with spacious interiors and small en-suite bathrooms.
Accommodation is in a huge dormitory style bure with 84 double bunks and lockers, 14 lodge rooms and 22 thatch bures, all with hot water showers. All 22 Bures (6 Premium & 16 Ocean View) and 16 twin lodge rooms have sun decking with private facilities refrigerator, tea and coffee makers and ceiling fans.
see our other Fiji Islands Pictures